½ sweetheart cabbage (sliced thinly)
2 shallots (chopped finely)
1 pointed red pepper (sliced)
6 baby plum tomatoes (halved)
2 large field mushrooms (chopped)
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 tbsp. coconut oil
Ground Sumac (a good alternative for this would be ground paprika)
- Brown the shallots in the coconut oil, then add the sliced red pepper and the minced garlic
- Once the pepper is starting to soften add the plum tomatoes and mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are starting to cook add the cabbage and fry off for about 5 minutes or until the cabbage is just starting to turn translucent.
- Tip into a warmed dish and sprinkle over the ground Sumac (or paprika).
- You can keep this warm in the oven for 10 -15 minutes until your protein dish is ready if you need to.
I used Bart’s Ground Sumac. It adds a lovely flavour which is slightly spicy and gives a delicious warmness to the dish. It’s a good flavour to try if you fancy experimenting, but you don’t want to try anything too outrageous.