We Like this with curry instead of rice, it’s also delicious cold as a salad!
1 small onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 Cauliflower cut into bite-size florets
1/2 packet of purple sprouting broccoli
handful of green beans
1 heaped tsp. ground cumin
1 heaped tsp. ground coriander
sprinkle of peanuts (optional – pine nuts also work well)
seasoning (to taste)
coconut oil for frying
- Fry the onion and garlic in the coconut oil until softened.
- Add the cumin and coriander and fry briefly to release the flavours.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli and mix into the onion and spice.
- Sprinkle over the nuts and the green beans.
- Add ½ cup of boiling water and put lid on so the veg can steam for about 10 minutes.
- All the water should be gone once the veg are cooked – if there is some left scoop out the veg and thicken it with a little coconut flour and pour over the veg.
- Season right at the end if you think it needs it – I usually find it doesn’t need it.
- Get stuck in and enjoy!