2 chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
Small Cauliflower (cut into florets)
Small onion (finely chopped)
4 rashers bacon
1 cup double Cream
3-4oz grated sharp cheddar
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 180°c
- Brown the chicken and bacon in half of the coconut oil.
- Once browned place in an oven proof dish and leave to one side.
- Boil or steam cauliflower florets while the sauce is prepared.
- In the remaining coconut oil fry the onion until starting to brown.
- Pour over the cream and add seasoning, bring to a rapid simmer for about 5 minutes or until it has reduced down and started to thicken.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and allow to melt gently.
- Drain the cauliflower which should still be firm when poked with a sharp knife.
- Tip the cauliflower and chicken into the cheesy cream sauce and mix well.
- Pour this into the oven proof dish and sprinkle over the grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and the chicken is fully cooked.
Serve with salad or simple green veg and enjoy!